Reading Rush and Newts TBR!

I have decided to participate in the reading rush challenge this year. You can sign up and find all the information on the challenges, rules and hosts here. It runs from the 22nd of July to the 28th July. There are 7 challenges to complete. Here is my tentative TBR:

1. Read a book with purple on the cover:
Sweet Valley Twins graphic novel - arc from NetGalley

2. Read a book in the same spot:
Sweet Valley Twins graphic novel - arc from NetGalley

3. Read a book you meant to read last year:
More Happy Than Not - Adam Silvera

4. Read an author's first book:
More Happy Than Not - Adam Silvera

5. Read a book with a non-human main character:
Fallen - Lauren Kate

6. Pick a book that has five or more words in the title:
The Strange Case of Monsieur Bertin - Daouglas Preston & Lincoln Child

7. Read and watch a book to movie adaptation.
Fallen - Lauren Kate

As you can see I have doubled up on a lot of the challenges. There is also the option of reading 7 books but I don't think I will have time to do that.


The next readathon I will be participating in is the Magical Readathon Newts edition. Since I have decided to choose Curse Breaker as my wizarding career I have to get an O in Ancient Runes and O in Arithmancy, E in Defence Against the Dark Arts and an A in Charms which adds up to 9 books. Here are the prompts and my TBR.

Ancient Runes.
A - read recommended by friend:
The Things They Carried - Tim O'Brien
E - book written in past tense:
Spellslinger - Sebastien de Castell
O - book that has been on your TBR for ages:
Because I Was A Girl - Melissa De La Cruz

Arithmancy.
A - book that ends on an even page number:
It Only Happen In The Movies - Holly Bourne
E - read a standalone:
To Kill A Kingdom - Alexandra Christo
O - book that's longer than 350 pages:
Kingdom of Ash - Sarah J Maas

Defence Against The Dark Arts.
A - book that's black under the dust jacket:
Ghosts of the Shadow Market - Cassandra Clare
E - first book that you just remember from your TBR:
Simon Vs The Homo Sapien's Agenda - Becky Albertalli 

Charms.
A - read a book that you think has a gorgeous cover:
Muse of Nightmares - Laini Taylor

I am so excited for these readathons. Let me know if you are doing either of these readathons and what career you have picked if you are doing the magical readathon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review