Mid Year Freak Out Tag 2019

1. What is the best book you have read so far in 2019?

It would definitely have to be Finale by Stephanie Garber. My love for each and every one of the books in the Caraval series is embarrassing. I love them so much! You can read my Finale review here. Pretty sure the past two years I have picked the other books in this series for this question.

2. What is the best sequel you have read in 2019?

The best sequel is definitely The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli. While I loved the first book in the series, the characters in this book were everything! I loved them so much. I loved that this book followed different characters than the first one but that you still got to see the original characters in this one as well.

3. A sequel that has come out this year that you haven't read but really want to.

The Princess and the Fangirl. One of my favourite books is Geekerella and I honestly can't wait to read this one and hope to see some of the same characters in this one.

4. Your most anticipated releases for the second half of the year.

Definitely hands down Warward Son - Rainbow Rowell and Queen of Nothing - Holly Black. Dying to read both!

5. Your biggest disappointment of this year.

My biggest disappointment was definitely The Everlasting Rose by Dhonielle Clayton. While it was in no way a bad book and I enjoyed the conclusion, I just didn't get the same happy feeling I got while reading the Belles.

6. The biggest surprise.

The biggest surprise was definitely The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli as I did not expect to love this book as much as I did. This book gave me all the feels!

7. Your favourite debut author.

Casey McQuiston is definitely my favourite debut author with her novel Red, White & Royal Blue. You can read me gush about it here.

8. Your newest fictional crush.

Definitely Dax from The Caged Queen, I mean he was just perfect. I loved him so much!

9. Your newest favourite character.

Is it weird to pick a main characters dad coz honestly I loved Julian, Clara's dad in The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo. He was just too amazing.

10. A book that made you cry.

I Stop Somewhere by T E Carter. This book is just so heartbreaking. 

11. A book that made you happy.

Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills made me giddy. It was just the cutest book and made me insanely happy.

12. Your favourite book to film adaptation.

Honestly I think the only one I have seen this year so far is Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I loved somethings in the book more and some things in the movie more. 

13. The most beautiful book you have gotten this year.

Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. It has holographic foil!

14. What books do you have to read by the end of the year.

All the books I have left on my to be read journal list plus Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell, The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black and Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review