Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi Review

13455782



Shatter Me follows Juliette, a girl whose touch is lethal and who was locked away by the Reestablishment 3 years ago. Suddenly they have changed their mind and have decided she is just what they need. A new weapon they can control.

The novel is so beautifully written, full of metaphors and similes, it reads like poetry.  Tahereh Mafi does such an amazing job, you can practically feel Juliette's pain through the pages.

I did feel like this novel wasn't long enough. I'm not sure how I feel about most characters, I don't feel much attachment to them yet but I assume that will change during the course of this series.

I loved the story line though, or at least where I think it is going. There wasn't too much going on in this book until the end when it started to get really good so I definitely can't wait to pick up the next one and dive into the world and it's characters.

I gave this 4 out of 5 stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review