Pride & Prejudice & Mistletoe - Melissa De La Cruz Review





When I first saw that this book was coming out I could not wait to get my hands on it! A Pride & Prejudice Christmas retelling by the author who wrote one of my favourite books. Yes please! Then I saw that it was on NetGalley so I requested it, honestly not thinking that it would be sent to me, but somehow the stars aligned, fate was on my side and the lovely people over at Hachette Australia approved my request! Bless them!

This modern day Pride & Prejudice retelling is a fun, quick holiday read. I enjoyed that the author gender swapped the characters from the original. Darcy (Pride) is the female and Luke Bennett (Prejudice) is the male. The chemistry between the two was fun to read but I do wish there had been a but more of their banter. While this book is a romance it also focuses on friendship and family and I think that's the epitome of Christmas and was glad that the author included it in this holiday read. While I felt the last half of this book dragged on a little, it is a cute, fun little story that you can easily sit down with a warm cup of cocoa and a gingerbread cookie quickly devour it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review