Caraval - Stephanie Garber Review

27883214




Do you ever love a book so much that after you finish reading it, you immediately want to reread it again...no...just me then. I wasn't even half way through reading this book when I knew that I wanted to reread it so that's exactly what I did.

I started off by listening to the audiobook and wow was it amazing! Rebecca Soler that does the recording brings this story to life. She makes every character sound unique and really makes you feel like you are right there in Caraval with the characters. I gave this book 5 stars but I wanted to actually physically read it to see if I would give it the same rating as when I listened to it because the audiobook is just that good!

So after rereading it I found that I did love it enough to give it 5 stars but I still found the audiobook to be slightly better than physically reading only because I could not make the story sound as good in my own voice as Rebecca Soler. I will definitely be listening to all her audiobooks which is fantastic because she did the recordings for the Lunar Chronicles and Heartless by Marissa Meyer which are some of my favourites books and I can't wait to see how much more amazing she will make them.

Now getting on to the story of Caraval. Scarlet and Tella, 2 sisters living on the island of Trisda have always dreamed of being a part of Caraval, a once a year game/performance where the audience participates. They live with their evil father who likes to pit each sister against the other when one of them does something wrong and they are not allowed to ever leave the island. Scarlet who has been writing to the master of Caraval for years finally gets her invitation so her and Tella with the help of a sailor escape of their island and make it to Caraval.

That's when all the fun begins. Nothing is what it seems in Caraval, nobody is to be trusted and there is magic around every corner. The only way to win is to find all the clues and then you will be granted one wish.

Not only does this story have everything you could want in a book, adventure, mystery, romance, sisterhood but it is truly fun following all the clues and seeing the main characters have their arcs. The writing is truly beautiful, extremely lyrical and does not read like a debut novel.

I CANNOT wait for book number 2 in this series!! Defintiely my favourite read of 2017 thus far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review