Hunted - Meagan Spooner Review



This is a Beauty and the Beast retelling and it is amazing! I haven't read any other Beauty and the Beast retellings before so I have nothing to compare it to but I really enjoyed this.

While it has elements of the original, this version is about wanting more in life and that there is no living happily ever after, there is just happy living. This is what made the characters relatable. The fact that they didn't fit into society, they were unhappy with their lives, they wanted more.

I also liked that some parts of the book were told through the Beast's perspective. That you got to see his conflicting emotions.

Even though this wasn't a long book, and it did mainly focus on Beauty and her Beast, you also got to see the lives play out on the secondary characters in the novel (ie. her sisters etc.) and I think not enough writer's do that.  I liked that Beauty was there for her sisters and they for her. That she didn't forget about them. That they would do anything for each other. While this book is a romance, it's also about friendship as well.

I'm really glad this book came out just before the new Beauty & the Beast movie came out. I'm really looking forward to see it and I am also really looking forward to reading more retellings if I can get my hands on them. I forgot how much I liked this fairy-tale.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review