Wires & Nerve - Marissa Meyer Review



This is the first volume in the Wires and Nerve series which follows Iko in her quest to to hunt down the Wolf-hybrid soldiers which are terrorising Earth. This volume follows after the events of the Lunar Chronicles but before the 'Something Old, Something New' novella in Stars Above.

I felt this graphic novel was really beautifully done but at the same time I wish it had been longer. I felt just as the story was starting the novel ended.

You do not need to have read the Lunar Chronicles series to read this as most of the book is a quick catch-up of the events from the series past but in my opinion you should totally read it. It's amazing and you won't regret it.

I really enjoyed getting to read more of Cress and Thorne as they do feature quite a bit in this novel and I hope the next volumes will have more of the other characters as well.

Iko was one of my favourite characters in the original series as she was hilarious and I am really glad that Marissa Meyer decided to write an entire new series focusing on her.

My only problem with this book is that there wasn't enough story in it and the next volume will not be out until 2018, however I still gave it 5 out of 5 stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review