By Your Side - Kasie West Review



I loved this book! You have no idea how much! I read this book the day that I got it, the entire thing - that's how much I loved it. The storyline, the writing, the charcters, honestly everything about this book, I loved.

The main character (Autumn) accidently gets locked in the library after hours. That right there is a dream come true for me. However, she soon discover that she isn't alone and that a boy (Dax) that she kind of knows from school is locked in with her. The both learn that people aren't as they seem and a friendship starts to grow between them.

Autumn suffers with anxiety and learns throughout the book that you should take care of yourself first and not worry about what others think of you. Take mental health days when you need them. I think that is an important lesson to be learnt by everyone.

I enjoyed the characters immensely, especially the friendships formed and how extremely real they seemed.

This was a quick read for me as it was engaging and extremley interesting and while the author could have gone the typical love triangle trope, she didn't really and I thank her for that.

I kinda wish this had been told from dual perspective because I would love to know what Dax was thinking half the time but maybe she will do a part two one day.

Definitely 5 out of 5 stars for me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review