I Love You So Mochi - Sarah Kuhn Review

39828159. sy475



This book was absolute perfection! I laughed, I cried, I laugh cried, you get the idea. I wish this book had been longer or that there is a sequel on the way because I need to hear more about Kimi's life. I need to know what happens next. I'm so invested in her life and her family. Plus the way the author describes food and art in this...oh my!

This book follows Kimi and her realisation that perhaps she doesn't love art as much as she thought she did or as much as her mother does. She loves clothes! She loves creating clothes, wearing clothes, transforming clothes, basically anything to do with clothes she loves it. Her mother just does not understand and thinks Kimi is wasting her time when she should be focusing on working on her portfolio for the prestigious art academy she has been accepted to. They get into a huge fight! When she receives a letter from her estranged grandparents in Kyoto inviting her for spring break, she takes the chance to get away from all her problems and figure out whats he wants out of life.

She instantly falls in love with Kyoto, the food, the art, the fashion, the cute boy dressed as a giant mochi. She soon starts to learn about her mother's life in Kyoto and the family she left behind.

I loved every character in this book, like every character! Even the minor ones, loved them all! Also the way Kimi views art, fashion and food, her excitement for all three will honestly have you excited to entirely change your wardrobe, book that next flight to Japan and go to that art exhibit you've been meaning to go to. Her excitement leaps off the pages! It's truly infectious!

I'm honestly forcing myself not to reread this immediately because I have so many other books I need to read but I think I will definitely be reading this again before the end of the year. Love it so mochi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review