Lucky Caller - Emma Mills Review

44281049



What a fun quick read this was! I love Emma Mills's writing so I was really looking forward to reading this and it did not disappoint. 

It follows Nina who joins a radio broadcasting class in her final year of high school where she ends up in a group with her neighbour/childhood friend Jamie. Someone who she has been avoiding for the past few years because of an incident that happened when they were younger. Nothing seems to be going right her, the radio show is a disaster, her mother is getting remarried which means a lot of changes and she has to spend a lot of time with Jamie, who she may or may not still care about.

I loved the relationship Nina had with her sisters, they joked around and annoyed each other but were ultimately there for each other whenever they needed each other. It was a very realistic portrayal of sisters. I also loved their sarcasm and humour.

I liked how, yes this book was about a radio show but also so much more. Every character had a side story that was somehow interwoven in and made you truly care about each character. I also liked the flashbacks to the past and how everything came full circle by the end.

I'm not really sure how I feel about how the radio crises was resolved, it just seemed a little too easy. I didn't hate it but it wasn't my favourite.

Emma Mills is definitely an automatic read for me and I can't wait to read more from her in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review