Red, White & Royal Blue - Casey McQuiston Review

41150487



This is the debut novel by Casey McQuiston and my gosh is it amazing! This book is everything. It will give you ALL the feels!

It follows Alex, the First Son of America as he falls in love with his sworn enemy Prince Henry of Wales. This was the cutest story and made me squee so many times.

After a confrontation with Henry at his brother's royal wedding, Alex and Henry are covered in a very expensive wedding cake and both sides have to do damage control. Plan of action. Make it look like Alex and Henry are best friends. After a weekend in England doing interviews and staging fake photos, Alex discovers that perhaps Henry isn't the uptight royal he believed him to be. Perhaps there is more to him than meets the eye.

A friendship soon blossoms and the back and forth texts between the two would unfreeze any cold dead heart and if that isn't enough, the secret romance that soon begins will have you heating up and keep you turning the pages.

I loved everything about this book, not just Alex and Henry's romance. I loved that this explored different sexualities, I loved Alex's family, I loved all the political drama (this book is not just a romance, it actually has a separate plot happening), I loved Bea, I loved how ambitious Alex was, I loved his humour, I loved his love for Henry, I loved the White House Trio, I loved Henry's humour, I loved how Alex was his undoing, I loved his love for Alex and most of all, I loved how everything almost hinged on an email server!

Get yourself a copy of this book, you will not regret it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review