O.W.L.'s Magical Readathon Round 2

Round 2 of the O.W.L.'s Magical Readathon is starting again in April, hosted by the wonderful BookRoast over on Youtube. This year's readathon is slightly different from last year's as you can pick a magical career that you can aim for. 

This video has all the rules as well as the links to the Career Guidebook.

After much consideration I have decided to try for Curse Breaker this year which has a total of 6 O.W.L.'s you need to achieve. Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions and Transfiguration. However as I usually read more than 6 books in a month I have decided to read books for all 12 O.W.L.'s

Here is my TBR:

Ancient Runes - retellling
A Whole New World - Liz Braswell

Arithmancy - work written by more than one author
If I'm Being Honest - Emily Wibberley, Austin Sigemund Broka

Astronomy - 'star in the title'
Stardust - Neil Gaiman

Care of Magical Creatures - land animal on the cover
A Grimm Warning - Chris Colfer

Charms - age line: read an adult work
3 Secret Societies - Matthew Reilly

Defence Against the Dark Arts - reducto: title starts with an 'R'
Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo

Divination - set in the future
Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi

Herbology - plant on the cover
House of Hades - Rick Riordan

History of Magic - published at least 10 years ago
The Metamorphasis - Franz Kafka

Muggle Studies - contemporary
Bad Blood - Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Potions - next ingredient: sequel
Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo

Transfiguration - sprayed edges or red cover
Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo 

I know some of my choices are creative to fit the prompts but they're just books I really want to read. The only book I'm not 100% happy with is Stardust because I have no desire to read it but I couldn't find another book with star in the title that I hadn't already read or was part of a sequel. I won't be too upset if I don't get to it in April but who knows I might end up really enjoying it if I do.

Let me know if you will be participating and what magical career you have chosen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review