Heir of Fire - Sarah J Maas (Throne of Glass #3)

20617636




In Heir of Fire we learn a lot more about Celaena and her heritage and we meet an array of new characters. While this series is quickly becoming one of my favourites, I have to admit I did not love this book as much as I liked the other two and that was mainly because of the addition of Manon and the other witches. I found the scenes with them tedious and it made me want to put the book down. 

I did love the other new characters that were included especially Rowan and this book had some beautiful quotes in it. 'I claim you to whatever end,' 'She would bow to no one' and 'and then I am going to rattle the stars.' 

I feel as the series goes on more and more trouble is around the corner. Like you think OK they just need to solve this crises and then everything will be OK but then something worse happens and then something even worse. If you think you know where Sarah J Maas is going with the story then you are wrong, there are twists and turns around every corner and you never know what will happen next. 

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending of this book but I plan to read the Assassin's Blade next month so I definitely have time to sort out my feelings. 

As it stands I still love Chaol but I think I might love Rowan just as much. I don't know how she does it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review