Love & War (Alex & Eliza #2) - Melissa De La Cruz Review

35883428


Love and War continues shortly after the first book Alex and Eliza

Alex and Eliza newlyweds struggling to make ends meet. Eliza is dreaming of the day they can move out of her family home and start a family of their own and Alex is ready to go to end the war and make something of himself.

While I enjoyed this book, it wasn't nearly as goof as the first and knowing that there will be a third and final book now, I believe that majority of this book could have been condensed and just added to the final book. I feel this series would have been better as a duology. That's just my feeling having read the second book, it might change once I have read the final book, but for now I feel like this book was mostly filler that could have been condensed.

While the storyline dragged, I loved the characters as much as I did in book one. They still give me all the feels and although I am not married, I feel this book definitely portrayed a newlywed couple perfectly. Not everything is roses all the time. Life is hard but you get through it together and end up a stronger couple for it and that's exactly how their relationship read.

I know they have more hardships to go through than they did in this book but I am looking forward to reading more about them in the final installment. 

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars, mostly because of the little moments between them that made me squeal of cuteness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review