Alex & Eliza - Melissa De La Cruz Review




This book was inspired by the Hamilton musical but the love story does not follow the route the musical took. I'm not American, nor do I pretend to know much about American politics but I do know that not a lot was known about Alex and Eliza's relationship so who is to say which version is closer to the truth. What I do know is that I loved this version.

I have listened to the Hamilton soundtrack countless times and I love it a little more each time but it was still very easy for me to read this book as a historical romance and not compare it to the musical and have that effect my rating of this book.

From their first interaction I was hooked. Getting to read from both their perspectives made it all that more enjoyable. My favourite love stories are definitely the ones where we get to read from both perspectives so I am glad that was the case with this book. Both Alex and Eliza's parts were fun to read and I have to admit I laughed out loud more than once while reading this book.

This is definitely a love story above anything else so if you are expecting lots of scenes with Alex and Washington and Burr then sorry to disappoint but the majority of this book is interactions between Alex and Eliza.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars and it is definitely one of my favourites. I'm already looking forward to when I will be able to read it again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review