Lord of Shadows - Cassandra Clare Review


This is the second novel in the Dark Artifices series and it was just as good as the first one.

I think I've enjoyed this series more than the Mortal Instruments and also the Infernal Devices. There is just something about Emma and the Blackthorn family that has me hooked.

I would say that if you are planning on reading this then maybe wait until the third book in the series is released as this book ends in a BIG cliffhanger and the next book isn't going to be released until 2019!!!!

I don't even know where to begin describing this book as there is so much happening within the storyline and nothing gets resolved and I have to say that I still do not know where she is going with this series but I think she will weave the 'The Eldest Curses' (another series) she is planning on doing into the mix like she did with the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices.

As much as I love the Mortal Instruments series/spinoffs I kind of wish I had waited for her to completely finish it (although she keeps adding on to it so maybe it will never be finished) to read it as it sometimes feels like one step forward and two steps back at times. Plus if you don't read all of them then you miss cute little tidbits on the characters that you grow to love.

I did give this book 5 out of 5 stars though. Seeing Emma and the Blackthorns as they race to find the Black Volume of the Dead for the Seelie Queen whilst also navigating their personal lives keeps you turning the pages wondering what Cassandra Clare has coming next and how everything will work out in the end...and now we wait...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review