My Calamity Jane - Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows & Brodi Ashton (The Lady Janeies #3)

31284532. sy475



This book much like the other two books in this series was so much fun! I didn't know much (read: nothing) about Calamity Jane so I really didn't know what to expect going in and I certainly wasn't expecting garou's but that's what makes this so good!

All the characters in this were 'chef's kiss.'  I don't know who I loved more, Jane, Annie, Bill, Frank, George...even the bad guys were so bad that they were good. I love the fantastical spin they add to their stories, it makes for a really funny story and you definitely don't need to know the story or Calamity Jane going but it will certainly make you want to learn more about her after you finish this book. 

Now while I have said twice already how fun/funny this story is, the best part of this book is the subtle way they show you that just because you are different to others, it doesn't mean you are any less valid than others. A great lesson that can be applied to so many things, race/skin colour, gender, sexuality, garous...The lesson is interwoven beautifully in this extremely funny story and shows through Annie that you can overcome your prejudices by informing yourself, learning from your mistakes, learning from others and overall becoming a better person because of it.

This book is truly a work of art and I hope they continue with the Lady Janies series. Pick yourself up a copy if you haven't already. Woo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review