Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) - Tahereh Mafi Review

13104080



Unravel Me picks up where Shatter Me left off. Juliette and Adam have joined the group of rebels and help in fighting against the Restablishment. Juliette with the help of some new friends who she learns have powers of their own is learning to control her powers when Warner is suddenly back in the picture.

I read the novella Destroy Me which follows the perspective of Warner right after the events of the first book and I truly think I would not have enjoyed Unravel Me as much as I did if I hadn't read it first. You get more insight into Warner and learn that he is not the evil dictator that you once believed he was so that when you get to chapter 62 you die of all the feels and not think umm ok where did that come from.

Tahereh Mafi has a way making you hate a character and then love them in the next installment and vice versa in a way that is realistic and not have you thinking oh I suddenly have to love this character because the main character likes them or where the author completely changes the characters personality in an unrealistic way. 

I hate that I started to like Warner more than Adam and I hate that I will probably end up hating Adam by the end of the next book but that just goes to show what an amazing writer Tahereh is.

This entire series focuses more on the romance side of things and less on the story which isn't a bad thing if you are into that but at the same time Juliette will most likely get on your nerves with her flip flopping! Just make a decision girl and stop acting like a child!

While Juliette frustrated me no end in this book, Warner is the real star and for that reason this book get 5 out of 5 stars! That and chapter 62!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review