A Study In Charlotte - Brittany Cavallaro (Charlotte Holmes #1) Review

23272028




A study in Charlotte follows Jamie Watson, descendent of Dr Watson from Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series as he starts at Sherringford, a prep school in Connecticut where he meets the infamous Charlotte Holmes, great-great-great granddaughter of Sherlock Holmes.

Jamie has been dreaming of meeting Charlotte since he was young as he grew up reading the stories but Charlotte wants nothing to do with him and it looks like the pair will be nothing but rivals until a student is murdered and the pair of them are the only suspects.

Working together they must clear their names and find who the killer is before anyone else gets hurt.

I admit I haven't read all the Sherlock Holmes books but I have read a few and must say that I definitely enjoyed this series a lot! They combine the mystery Arthur Conan Doyle's stories with a modern twist.

The novel is told through the point of view of Jamie, much like the original series being told through Dr Watson. Jamie is an interesting character but I honestly wish this series had been told through Charlotte's point of view as she is a fascinating character and I would love to know what is running through her mind as she is putting clues together or if the book was told through both their perspectives as I feel it would have been a lot more fun!

I did feel this book dragged a little at times but I am hoping that the next ones in the series will be better.

I gave this book 3.75 stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review