The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern Review

13611052


“The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not.”

So I was hooked on this book as soon as I read the opening lines, I mean how could you not. They draw you in! 

I initially put this book on my TBR as I had been googling books similar to Harry Potter and I had come across an article that said The Night Circus was one for Harry Potter lovers. Then I read Caraval by Stephanie Garber  (my favourite read in 2017, review can be found here) and I had heard that she had been inspired by The Night Circus so I was dying to read this! 

The Night Circus follows two young magician's who have been trained for a competition, a competition against one another. A circus is created as their battleground, where they must use their magic to outdo one another. However, no one expected them to fall in love and no one told them that in order to win, one won't survive.

This was truly a wonderfully magically story. The two main characters are extremely likeable and the way they have their own take on magic and how they use it is extremely enjoyable to read. The cast of characters both within the circus and the 'reveurs' watching from the outside are extremely well written and honestly make we wish there was another book from more point-of-views. 

While this book focuses mainly on the two main characters, it is not a love story, it is a story about secrets and power and daydreamers.

This book is truly immersive with some 'chapters' making you feel like you are right there in the story right alongside everyone else. It makes you believe that anything is possible!

“You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul, becomes their blood and self and purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows what they might do because of it, because of your words. That is your role, your gift.” 

Erin Morgenstern truly has a gift of writing and I recommend everyone give this a go!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review