The Names They Gave Us - Emery Lord Review


So I didn't end up giving this book a rating as I am still not sure how I feel about it. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but I'm not sure if I loved it.

The story follows Lucy, who has just found out that her mother's breast cancer has come back. Lucy, a pastor's daughter soon starts to lose her faith. Shortly after, her long-term boyfriend suggests that they put their relationship on pause and her mother suggests that instead of going to Church camp for the summer where she has been a long time counsellor that she go to the 'hippie camp' for kids who have been tough times across the lake.

This story is about friendship, family and faith and loss.

This story is beautiful written and very diverse but there was just something off about it that I can't quite put my finger on. I'm also not 100% sure I liked the ending. It was Ok but I wish there had been more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review