Lady Midnight - Cassandra Clare Review

25494343


This is the first novel in the Dark Artifices series. I believe it will be a trilogy but I am not 100% sure.
It follows Emma Carstairs, a character that was introduced in the last book of the Mortal Instruments.

Emma is trying to track down her parents' killer with the help of the Balckthorn family, however she soon discovers something more sinister going on.

This is a typical Cassandra Clare novel, full of Shadowhunters, Parabatai, forbidden love and love triangles.  While I am not really one who enjoys love triangles as I find them boring and repetitive, I really enjoyed this one.  Emma and Julian are incredibly adorable but at the same time, Mark is such an interesting character that I loved reading about and I think Emma and Mark make an interesting dynamic. I am interested to see how it will play out in the end.

I'm not sure where Ms Clare is going with the story aside from the love triangle but I am interested to see what she does with the story.

I gave it 5 out of 5 stars and am looking forward to reading book number 2 which will be out towards the end of the month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review