Crooked River - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child (Pendergast # 19)

51019892. sx318 sy475





Crooked River continues on straight after the events of the previous book 'Verses for the Dead.' Agent Pendergast is called in to assist an investigation in Florida where a large number of human feet have washed up on a beach. No one can figure out where they have come from and he soon calls in his ex-partner Coldmoon to help him with the case which seems to be turning more and more deadly the more they investigate.

I definitely enjoyed this book however, I did find it dragged a little at times. I also still do not like Constance. Try as they might I just can't seem to like her and find her incredibly annoying.

I also found Coldmoon's character to be completely different to what I remember him being in the previous book and I don't know if it's just me not remembering him or if they changed his personality. I did like him more in this book but I miss D'Agosta and hope to see him appear in another book in the future.

The last part of the book is where all the action happens and the story moves very quickly and that end scene with Pickett setting up for the next book made me laugh out loud and I am interested to see where the next story takes us and if it will have anything to do with someone mentioned in the novella 'The Strange Case of Monsieur Bertin.'

Definitely looking forward to the next installment of this series!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review