99% Faking It - Chris Cannon Review





The description of this book was right up my alley, two friends who start fake dating, yes please! I couldn't wait to read it and this book definitely did not disappoint. 

Lisa and Matt start fake dating as a way of attracting other people. Everyone knows that people want what they can't have and what better way to have someone notice you then by being in a relationship with someone else. At least that was the plan. Until Matt started to see Lisa as more than a friend. Too bad that Lisa who has always had a crush on Matt refuses to be someones second choice!

This was such a refreshing quick read. Filled with Harry Potter references and cute puppies what more could you want out of a book!

I loved how this read as a teen book. The characters sounded like every day teens, immature at times and definitely not perfect in every way possible like some ya reads. Matt was definitely not the perfect boyfriend. He messed up on so many occasions and he definitely did not say the right things every time but he tried and that's what makes you like him.

Lisa was a fantastic main character. A girl who spends her Friday nights buying books and Harry Potter socks is a winner in my book. I loved that she refused to be someones second choice. She knew her worth and decided to explore all options.

While this is the second book in a series, I don't think you need to read the first one before you read this one as I definitely didn't and I don't think I missed out on anything. However, I will go back and read it as I love Chris Cannon's writing and all the characters seem like the kind I would have been friends with in high school.

I highly recommend this to anyone who loves a good fake relationship story!

Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for an e-arc. All thoughts and opinions are my own!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review