Best Reads of 2018 + 2019 Reading Goals


I read so many books in 2018 so it was very hard to narrow down the best ones but I managed to pick my favourite 12. These books didn't all come out in 2018 but I did read them in 2018. They aren't all 5 star reads but they are ones that stuck with me. They also aren't in order.

1. Anne of Green Gables - Ann M Montgomery
What an adorable book this. It follows Anne and her misadventure in Green Gables. You'll laugh, you'll cry. It truly is fantastic!

2. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

3. A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J Maas
I have no words for this book and this series in general. I highly recommend it!

4. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafron
This follows a young boy who finds a copy of a book in a library of forgotten books and his quest in tracking down the authors other novels only to find that his life and family are in danger.

5. The Hating Game - Sally Thorne
I love this book with all my heart. It shows what a fine there is between hate and love! A truly hilarious book!

6. The Outsiders - S E Hinton
A classic. If this book doesn't make you cry, are you even human?

7. Legendary - Stephanie Garber
My favourite read of the year!

8. What if it us? - Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera

9. The Book Thief - Marcus Zusack
Told through the voice of death this book will definitely stay with you!

10. The Naturals - Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Criminal minds for Ya

11. Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor

12. Queen of Air and Darkness - Cassandra Clare

Also a quick mention to one of my favourite series I completed in its entirety in 2018 - The Blood of Gods & Royals series by Eleanor Herman which follows the teenage life of Alexander the Great.


Now to my reading goals of 2019. I completed my goals in 2018 half way through the year but I only had 2 goals so I thought I would make more goals for this year.

1. Read at least 1 classic a month
2. Read at least 100 books
3. Be up to date with my series so that when a new book is published I can pick it up right away.
4. Start and finish the series on my start in 2019 list in my reading journal. (Will make a post on this later)
5. Finish the Naturals, Heroes of Olympus, Gallagher girls and Heist Society series.
6. Participate in at least 6 readathons.
7. Stick to reading journal

What are your favourite reads in 2018 and goals for 2019?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review