My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies #1) - Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand & Jodie Meadows Review

29856520




This novel is a loose retelling of Lady Jane Grey, the 9 days Queen and when I say loose, I mean loose.

It was so unique and wonderful and hilarious and just plain weird at times that you just can't help but fall in love with it.

This is nothing like you would expect it to be and really hard to describe without giving away spoilers, but there are bits of history, bits of fantasy, bits of authorial intrusion and  a whole lot of humour. It will honestly have you laughing out loud!

Set in the Elizabethan era, the characters have a surprising modern feel. I loved Jane and found her incredibly relateable which is strange considering we have nothing in common except a love for reading.

The 3 authors do such a wonderful job not only making the characters likeable but also paint such a vivid picture of the landscape and story that I honestly felt like I had gone on a wonderful adventure in the country with some friends.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars and can't wait until the next book in the series is out! I will also definitely picking up more books from these authors in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

Caraval - Stephanie Garber Review