City of Endless Night - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child (Pendergast #17)

34517346





When a billionaire's daughter's headless body shows up in an abandoned warehouse, Pendergast and D'Agosta are called in to try and solve the case. Soon more wealthy New Yorkers are found brutally murdered with their heads nowhere in sight and Pendergast and D'Agosta find themselves with no idea who the killer/killers could be.

Pendergast is not his usual self in this book as he is still trying to come to terms with what happened in the ending of the previous book and does not seem to really care about this case. D'Agosta is frustrated with Pendergast but also the fact that every lead he has seems to end nowhere.

While I enjoyed this book I didn't really like the fact that Pendergast wasn't being his usual Pendergasty self. (Yes it's a word now. There is no other way to describe him so he gets his own adjective!) One of the reasons I love this series is the fact that there is no other character (at least that I have read of...and I have read a lot of books) that is as unique as him. I understand why he was different in this novel, but I don't like where the writers are going in regards to that storyline. I won't give it away if you haven't read the previous novels (if you haven't what are you doing!! Get on it like yesterday) but I don't like that character, she needs to go!

The ending I did not see coming! I loved it though! Sometimes I can work out where they are going with their stories, as long as it's not supernatural, but this I did not see coming and I really loved the last 10 chapters. They were intense!

I'm not really sure where they were going with one of the characters they included in this novel as they really served no purpose other than to confuse you into thinking they were the killer and if that was the case then well done.

Also the epilogue I could have done without but all in all, the writing was amazing, they delivered an amazing story that kept me turning the pages and wishing that I had the next Pendergast in my hands already.

5 out of 5 stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebirth - Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle Book Review

The Mindful Way To A Good Night's Sleep - Tzivia Gover Review

White Fire (Pendergast series) - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child Review